Announcement What happened to last maps FTOP money?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aventon, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aventon

Aventon Owner Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +87 / 12 / -1
    What happened?

As many of you may know, if you are the top faction on IntenseRaids by the end of the season, you will be paid out $300 in real life. Yes, real cash. We've been doing this for 2 seasons and have paid out each time.

What's so different this time?

This time I have not paid out the FactionsTop prize. Before you go crazy saying I'm a scammer, liar, false advertisers, bigmac eater, etc. Let me explain.

Last map was great, we hit 100 players, we had constant donations, and there was more competition than other maps. The top faction at the end of the map was Narcotic.

Normally, I would have paid them 1 week after Season 6's release, however, Narcotic had been causing so much trouble from the last map, many people actually decided to message me NOT to hand out the factionstop prize to them (attachments below). They were involved in exploits, threats to the server, out of control toxicity, and gave the staff team and me a very hard time.

We don't like to promote toxicity at IntenseRaids, especially people who don't respect the staff team or me. Why would we want to pay $300 to people who made IntenseRaids a living hell for some people?

Here's some points that the community and the staff team pointed out to me:
    1. Pup transferred ownerships right before he got blacklisted from the server.
    2. They caused significant problems in the last map causing a lot of players to quit.
    3. Nezus has threatened the server including myself (I let him off, but that's a perma ban).
    4. Racist remarks coming from many of the members. EVEN AFTER THE SEASON ENDED.
    5. Constant abuse to server's staff team and its players
    6. Abuse of multiple exploits and never reporting them until it was too late.
    .. and many more.

FAQ:
    Q: So where did the money go?
    A: The FactionsTop money did not go to my bank account or anywhere else. I used the money in benefit of the server, paying off the new website, new plugins, builds, and advertising (attachments below).

Q: Will next factiontop be paid?
    A: Of course, unless the faction decides to be the next Narcotic, I don't mind paying $300 to people who work hard constantly on the server without bringing up issues. I've already paid out $600, why not?

Q: Do you eat bigmacs?
    A: yes

Q: What about the 2nd and 3rd faction prizes?
    A: We just transferred websites and donation platforms so the giftcards are being set up!

Proof being uploaded in 30 minutes. Gathering all screenshots

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. TheHairyPenguin

TheHairyPenguin Helper Helper

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -1
    This is more than Aventon's decision, it was the communities decision as a whole and I dont think any can argue with this.

I also share this opinion, as most players did in Season 5.

- TheHairyPenguin

• Like Like x 5
  3. Snap

Snap Mod Mod

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -1
    Before players complain about this, end of the day the FTOP Prize money comes straight from Aventon himself. He never had to make an FTOP prize of IRL cash he could have simply done $300 Store Credit, but he chose to pay back to his players with real cash. Many people know how bad some of Narcotic was during the map, and how tough they made staff's jobs on the server. There was many threats from the players of Narcotic one of which being a direct threat to take the server down, which we turned a blind eye to and just set a mute for it. Another being the huge rank exploit where players of Narcotic had more than one chance to report the bug as I myself was in a call which cause the suspicion for me to check on. We later on found out who had been exploiting which again we was going to ban/blacklist the entire faction but we didn't.

So before you complain please take the time to consider how bad some of the players acted on the server towards, players, staff and the owner himself.
    Thank you
    -Snap

• Like Like x 4
  4. DHSVarsity

DHSVarsity Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 3 / -0
    karma is one thicc bitcc :^)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Drakmordis

Drakmordis New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    RIP :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. shinpoo

shinpoo New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think that people shouldn't get mad either way the FTOP money isn't a right it's something earned and if you are tarnishing the IntenseRaids name why should you get the prize that another faction could have gotten fairly?
    Either way im happy they didn't get paid because we got some new features out of it :D

• Like Like x 4
  7. birdnoises

birdnoises New Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    Couldn't agree more @shinpoo . Personally, my hope is that this will discourage this behaviour in future seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vredeninja

Vredeninja New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -3
    So did you ever pay f top 2 and 3?

9. TheHairyPenguin

TheHairyPenguin Helper Helper

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -1
    Yes, you can ask them for yourself, eg, Wuta and I believe somebody else?

10. Vredeninja

Vredeninja New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -3
    The other people were wetpanties